Training Program RRP-01 – Certified Renovator
Certified Renovator—Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair & Painting
1 Day – 8:00am to 4:00pm
Older homes typically have many layers of paint and some degree of paint removal and disturbance may be necessary during renovation, repair, and maintenance projects. Completing an EPA Certified Renovator training is a crucial step in protecting your clients, your firm, your employees, and yourself.
Our Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair & Painting course teaches participants how to perform and supervise lead-safe work practices effectively.
The lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on training covers health effects, regulations, lead-safe work practices, dust and debris containment, cleaning verification, and record-keeping practices. Each student must successfully complete the hands-on skills and pass an end-of-class written exam to receive a Certified Renovator certificate which is valid for 5 years.
After completing the workshop participants will:
- Appreciate the dangers inherent in lead paint, including the risks and difficulties associated with renovation projects that involve older structures.
- Understand the EPA and HUD rule requirements for lead-safe Certified Firms and Certified Renovators.
- Recognize if lead-based paint is present at a work site and plan the project so it is lead-safe.
- Know how to set up the work site so that dust and debris created by the work do not contaminate the property or leave behind lead-contaminated dust.
- Comprehend how to effectively clean up lead dust generated by the work performed, conduct a cleaning verification, and properly dispose of renovation waste.
- Grasp the importance of accurate record-keeping and documentation of lead-safe work practices performed at each job site.
Craftwork Training Center is an EPA-accredited training provider for the Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair & Painting program (Certified Renovator).
The workshop will be held at the historic Millhafen Farm—the headquarters of Craftwork Training Center and LimeWorks.us—located at 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969. A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required two weeks in advance with the balance due at the beginning of the workshop. All the necessary materials and tools will be supplied and a light lunch is provided for your convenience. The program will start promptly at 8:00 am. Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process and come appropriately dressed and prepared for hands-on training. To ensure an exceptional learning experience, the class size is limited. However, a minimum of 3 participants is required to hold the workshop.
Please note, last minute registrations (within 48 hours of the workshop date), are not valid until a confirmation email or phone call is sent from our staff.