Product Overview & Demo Day for Professionals
1 Day – 8:30am to 2:30pm
The ultimate success and performance of masonry restoration and repairs depends upon the proper selection of materials and the quality of the work carried out by the masons. Improperly done intervention not only detracts from the appearance of the building, but may also cause physical damage and decay to the stone or brick. This seminar introduces the basic principles, work practices, and the range of lime mortars, binders, renders, and mineral coatings from LimeWorks.us which are needed to effectively preserve and restore traditional masonry structures. The lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises cover the properties of natural hydraulic lime mortars, tips for selecting and mixing lime mortars, and materials application practice on mock-up panels. Participants will gain an enhanced understanding of the built environment, greater appreciation of historic sites, and recognize inappropriate, incompatible, and uncomplimentary repairs to historic masonry. It’s the best way to comprehensively plan, work, and move from an idea to implementation.
After completing the workshop participants will:
- Understand the science behind breathable natural hydraulic lime.
- Be aware of industry guidelines for selecting and applying lime mortars and the potential pitfalls of inappropriate materials.
- Recognize the potential causes of brick and stone deterioration.
- Take the guesswork out of the search for the right materials to fit the purpose.
- Bridge the gap between old and new masonry for seamless restoration.
- Receive AIA self-reporting credits.
The workshop will be held at the historic Millhafen Farm — the headquarters of Craftwork Training Center and LimeWorks.us — located at 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969. All the necessary materials and tools will be supplied and a light lunch is provided for your convenience. The program will start promptly at 8:30 am. Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
Please note, last minute registrations (within 48 hours of the workshop date), are not valid until a confirmation email or phone call is sent from our staff.